good to see you
You cannot buy electronics with food stamps. You cannot buy cigarettes with food stamps. You cannot buy pet food with food stamps. You cannot withdraw money with an EBT card (food stamps).
Do you know what else you can’t buy with food stamps? Shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, tinfoil, plastic sandwich bags, toothpaste, cleaning products, tampons, pads, over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.), and anything else you can think of that you cannot physically ingest for nutritional purposes.
Do you know what you can buy with food stamps? Food.
Do you know what it’s like to scrounge for change to buy non-edible necessities, use a credit card and EBT card (food stamps) during the same transaction, and then have the person in line behind you judge you for buying the ingredients to make a birthday cake?
People who disseminate false information about food stamps have never had to use food stamps.
How can you be so stupid as to believe you can buy anything other than food with food stamps??? You can’t even buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli with food stamps. What makes you think somebody is in Las Vegas with food stamps gambling??? Kill yourself.
Star Jones Kicks Racist Lawyer From Her Show
I really appreciate Star Jones speaking about rape culture with regards to an 13 year old child who was solicited for sex by his teacher.
Star: How does a 13 year old child a child consent to go with a grown woman to have sex?
Lawyer: I resent the term child. This kid is a latino, latino machismo, he’s manly. Is there anyone who has a higher sex drive than a teenage boy?
Then Star booted him.
Gooooood! That lawyer was horrible. You can’t take somebody’s heritage and background, and use that as grounds to say that because they’re 13, they’re not worthy of protection. That little boy was RAPED. Plain and simple. But because he’s ~latino~ and because of the concept of ~Machismo~ combined with him being a 13 year old boy, he MUST have wanted it?
That’s just another way of saying, “he ASKED for it,” and “Brown children aren’t allowed to be innocent, they can’t be raped.” That was a GROWN WOMAN coercing a 13 year old boy, who isn’t old enough to consent to sex with an adult. If this were a Latino woman sleeping with a little white boy, you KNOW that woman would be facing three life sentences right now.
Deemed unrapeable (unable to be raped) because of skin color. Isn’t that a familiar narrative.
'I resent the term child. This kid is a latino, latino machismo, he’s manly.'
Children of colour can’t even be children. I hope this piece of shit person falls of the highest cliff.
Well damn smfh
this was 6 years ago. we know folks today would still try this argument and do. this is rape culture.
reblogged by bi
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
I LOVED THIS SHOW OH MY GOD THANK YOU <33
This show is actually in my top 5. It was a sad day when it got cancelled.
I’ll check it out.
This seems like something I will adore.
Kim Kelley-Wagner has two daughters who were adopted from China. In everyday life, they have been subjected to horrid statements from people - to their faces, to their mother as they stood by her, etc. In this photo collection, shared on her blog, Kim and her daughters (Lily and Meika) put these ignorant cruelties front and center. [x]
"I have tried to explain to my daughters that people do not say these things to be mean, they say them out of ignorance, which is why I am sharing some of them. Words are powerful, they can become tools or weapons, choose to use them wisely."
i’m honestly deeply ashamed because of the harshness of our world
Wow damn this is fucking ridiculous
talking to very republican teenagers is so surreal
It must be strange for you to see teenagers who don’t blindly follow their liberal parents, or their liberal teachers, or the liberal media, or liberal celebrities, or liberal musicians, or liberals on the internet.
My Reaction When I am masturbating and my door is slowly pushed to open… but its just my cat.
in your girls pussy like